Preparation

Got up early, after a while started working with Keith, having taken Lorraine a cuppa in bed. All going well and both fairly cheery till he got a rather disconcerting call about a medical matter. Luckily Keith was working half a day today, but I stopped early too and will have to do more over the weekend.

Lorraine off to Bolney School for the last time, to have a handover meeting with the new head called Emma. She then went to see Sarah for a cup of tea and a chat. Sarah trying to get her bairns to call their former head teacher Lorraine, which is a bit weird for them.

'Low residue' fibre free food. White toast breakfast, and then white spaghetti with a bit of cheese and olive oil for a late lunch, and that would have to be the last food till tomorrow. 

The evening given over to preparations for tomorrow's colonoscopy. I drank two unspeakably rank 500 ml drinks over a couple of hours, designed to flush out your GI tract. A vile faintly fruity flavour with a salty undercurrent and nauseating aftertaste, which I of course vividly described to Lorraine. It was all I could do not to throw up at one point. I don't remember this from my other colonoscopies. These noxious drinks got down, the evening gave way to Deep Space Nine, interspersed with frequent bathroom visits. 

Lorraine introduced me to Sudocream, which was a revelation. Where has it been all my life.

Comments