Putting it behind me

So up early after a night of pooing water. Up and after doing a quick covid test, registering it online, and having a shower and Lorraine drove us off to the hospital. Couldn't find anywhere to park, so I bolted from the car and went straight to the colposcopy department for my 8am appointment. All fine there, apart from the bit where I was being interviewed by the nice male nurse and given a blood pressure reading, which I told him would be high because of hating to have my blood pressure done. It was, so he kept taking it which kept climbing. He then suggested I have some sedation before the procedure, which I reluctantly agreed to. Charming consultant, who needed a nurse to push at various parts of my guts to navigate his probe around them. He said my intestines were unusually long and loopy. However there was nothing sinister there to be found. Which was obviously excellent news. Sat in recovery sipping sugary tea and enjoyed the relief of another mini-ordeal melting away. Really cheery nurses from the Philippines.

Eventually I was led off out of the building where Lorraine was waiting in the car. Home to a lovely breakfast (much needed after not having eaten since 2:30pm yesterday). Spent the day on the gold sofa, dozing after sedation and the full alien abduction experience.

Rallied enough to go to Sainsbury's with Lorraine and then pick up James and Beth to bring them home, to celebrate the end of Lorraine's job, and Sam's birthday on Monday. Sam mentioned he would be travelling up to Scotland tomorrow. We all played a card game called Exploding Kittens. I was warned by the hospital not to drink alcohol, so I didn't. Felt rather wan and exhausted this evening though. Drank some  Heineken 0% lager. Beth and James in a happy place together, Sam on good form. Lorraine drinking Champagne. 

Toby called me from Montreal, where they were with Gillian and having fun. 

Below Mark Hartley got in touch and sent me this photo of myself from god knows where at some point in my mid twenties. I recognise my jacket and bow tie. I look at this now and think I looked quite suave. 





Comments