Grumpy day

In foul mood for much of the day. On the house front, there is pressure being applied by our buyer's solicitors to move out. Meanwhile the people selling our house are in a bad way. Angie is recovering from a serious operation and they understandably dosen't want to be rushed. Our position is that we are trying to swap contracts with them and are willing to put our stuff into storage and sofa surf or go for a cheap holiday to allow the people to move into ours and give them extra time. The last time I had a property transaction that went smoothly was the 90s. As I elegantly described here, but it's the powerless waiting that sends you mad.   

Work, which I found stressful and irritating, finished early afternoon, but then work conversations trickled on. Was offered a smidge of work by Slug which was withdrawn minutes after I had agreed to it. And at close of play was told there might be a tiny bit at some point...  I am not going to hold my breath.  

Went to the gym, which helped my mood. Home and after a shower sat in the taverna with Lorraine and drank a beer in the sun, which helped get things into perspective.

Today was Lorraine's last official day of being a head teacher. She signed out of all of her messaging groups as her last act. She feels a bit weird about it.  But it is a big step.


Comments