Walking and talking

A chilled day with Toby. Up and chilling in the back garden with coffee and breakfast. Then after Lorraine left for Pat and Maureen's place, Toby and I got ourselves together for a walk, down to the sea where we found Lorraine and Delores pushing Pat and Maureen.  

I tormented Maureen by pushing her too fast and in tight circles, etc. on the way to the Sailing Club. She told me she had swapped one of her anxiety pills recently, and it hadn't agreed with her, making her feel sick as well as sad. Lorraine had already been in touch with the surgery this morning. Pat sporting an excellent sunhat sad little of course, but was enjoying being with people and sitting in the sun. Some of us had little baskets of scampi and fries, while others ate sandwiches, and drank some shandy. We pushed them back, Toby and Delores talking lots, she was keen to learn about Toby living next to a mass murderer in Sacramento. Delores also started a Substack, writing a very authentic piece about stopping alcohol and dealing with the struggles in her life. 

Toby and I said goodbye, and wandered off to Splash Point then down some of the back doubles, past the Crouch where Seaford FC play, before arriving home for tea. We'd actually walked a long way. I think walking and talking is one of the best ways to catch up.  

Home again for tea, and a power down. I called Mum. Lorraine back and we had a civilised dinner at the table, eating a marvellous quiche that Lorraine had made, with lots of pasta salad and a crisp glass of white wine.

Sat around watching the best of Glastonbury and chatting. A call at 10:30 saying Mum had fallen, and couldn't get up and had pressed her pendant. I asked them to go around and stayed up till after midnight till I knew she had been put to bed, the carer had stayed with her till she settled.

Toby declined to be photographed, but he did spot this seagull and we both took snaps of it. Here's mine, which reminds me of a judge in a courtroom. We stand accused.





Comments