Strollin'
Saturday morning, and Lorraine had the spewy bug, but rallied magnificently to take care of Enzo. Obviously Toby hadn't bargained for staying in a plague house. Luckily we have outside furniture so he and I sat outside for breakfast and a long conversation in the garden. Lorraine calling for a bit of help when needed, and came outside to give Enzo lunch.
I sat with Enzo outside for a bit, while Tobs was indoors. He just sat with me happily looking at the seagulls and a butterfly and the trees and sky with rapt attention. I think we can learn a lot from babies.
In the afternoon Toby sensibly opted to see Mike and Zina, and I walked him to the bus stop early in the afternoon.The bus got stuck at Newhaven, and he texted yearning for Japanese levels of efficiency.
Lorraine shattered this afternoon. I took the baby boy for a long walk by the sea, me humming The Happy Song, by Imogen Heap to him. But he was perfectly happy, and wriggling with excitement looking at everything. He likes the seaside, and absolutely adores cars. We got in and played hunt the grandma for a bit, went down to the glasshouse, and eventually discovered her sleeping in bed. Watched a TV show called Giant Jack, with a large rubbish truck in it, which he was transfixed by.
An afternoon of bonding with the little chap. Even when we were at home, he often wanted me to pick him up lots, probably because Lorraine didn't have her usual energy. I also think he was missing Beth and James very much.
Lorraine up again, and had a slice of toast and black sweet tea later and felt marginally brighter. Trying to get Enzo to sleep was impossible. Lorraine resorted to taking him for a drive, which normally works, but tonight didn't. Eventually he fell asleep on Lorraine, and I came up to the bedroom and lifted him into his cot, cringing in case he woke up again. Lorraine stayed in bed, and I went down to watch a bit of TV. England were playing France in the third/fourth placed game. I turned it on a little before the end of the first half, England were three goals up, and then they scored another. Although tired, I watched a bit more, but when France scored three in rapid succession after half time, I thought my nerves couldn't take it, and went to bed.
Enzo by the sea.

Comments