A right old sing-song
Up early and into my study with a new sense of purpose. Began looking at a story that was rejected last week, but with a highly encouraging note from the editor. Also the idea that if One Day Forever is being published, that tidies away quite a few poems, leaving room for the new project. Being me, my mind is busy creating a thousand reasons why it will all go wrong, but I just have to ignore them. I have been contacting people slowly, as I feel superstitious about it. But today I let Carl and Bob know.
Penny came round this morning, to spend some time with Lorraine. I spoke to her for a while. Her mother died recently, and she is naturally still sad. She was very kind and congratulated me on the book. They made off into Seaford, for a bite to eat, and I had a much-needed gym session. I seem to have put on weight since Monday.
Spoke to Mum, who was fine, although there is a small problem with the car that Ben is helping her with.
In the evening, when Lorraine was back from Pat and Maureen, we ate something and went to the Union Club, where I am a member, but have not been for months, where Patrick was playing, aided and abetted by Steve with a bit of banjo and singing, and almost all rebooters had relocated.
Adele, despite having lost her mother this week, was there trying to do something fun and normal. It's very hard, and her mother hadn't been herself for some time with dementia. Yvonne, Guy and Barbara, Andrew and Kate, Helen and Andy, Debbie and Ray, Andy, Delores and others I knew less well, as well as some unsuspecting Union club members. I also, of course, told folks later on about One Day Forever, and people were pleased for me.
Patrick entertained everyone brilliantly, singing, and playing and bantering with the audience, who all knew each other and him. Steve enjoyed himself thoroughly as a side man. It was a right old sing song, and everyone had a great time. Singing, laughter and friends. What's not to like? I think it did Adele some good too.
Below Steve and Patrick as the evening's entertainment began.

Comments