An afternoon at Sheffield Park

An Enzo day today. Lorraine collected the little lad, and he had a hobbit's second breakfast with us. I then made off upstairs and did some recording with Robin for an hour, I talked about Tess Jolly and also Martha Sprackland's new translation of John of the Cross. 

Lorraine on the phone lots, as Maureen has been talking about having a few day's respite from caring for Pat, and Lorraine is trying to manage that. 

In the afternoon off to a beautiful and not too busy Sheffield Park with Enzo and Maureen, while Delores looked after Pat. The baby and Maureen were let in free. I pushed Maureen around in a wheelchair, a bone shaker, she said, as the paths were quite rough and gravelly in places. A gorgeous day by normal standards, if you overlook the drought, and the wilting leaves. I loved the great waterlily islands in the  ponds, and the dragonflies and Enzo admiring the geese and ducks. Maureen seemed to really relax too. I bought some sherbet lemons in the shop afterwards to remind myself of Gwen.They were not the splintery tongue shredding variety of yore.

We dropped off Enzo, and Lorraine took Maureen home while I Morrisoned and was collected by Lorraine. An early night, as we were both tired.

Below an afternoon at Sheffield Park.







Comments