Monastic

A day to myself. Lorraine off to see Pat and Maureen. I spent a blissfully monastic day working on my poetry MS and made some satisfying strides forward. Dare I whisper it... It is beginning to feel like a book now. I also went to The Crypt to talk to Palo Almond, about buying a print of one of her paintings Lorraine and I like lots. We talked about her work and the particular painting Lorraine and I wanted. Chatty and asking with genuine interest about my work too.

In the afternoon I went out for a walk briefly into the gym and then along the seafront and round about to home, to make sure I'd done my 10k paces. More good writing in the afternoon too. Feeling happy about having time to think. 

Lorraine home again this evening. I watched The War of The Worlds with Tom Cruise. The first half of that film I really like. Then we watched a bit of TV before bed. 

Horrible climate news today, what with various places on fire, and a headline in the Guardian suggesting the Gulf Stream may only have two years left. Human kind cannot stand too much reality.

Cloudy today. The sea and sky going really dark at times and some good contrasts between them. 




Comments