Beetroots for dinner

So up early, a quick chance to do a bit of editing on my latest interview, for a few minutes, before taking a briefing with Keith for a teaser campaign for a new pharmaceutical product. A very generic brief. Worked on this with Keith for the day. Received a tax bill, which will eat everything I earn in the next week or so and more, and an email informing me that I had not been placed in a full MS competition. Neither unexpected, but they did not spark glee.  

Lorraine had her old work pal Helen around for a cup of coffee this morning. She is the woman Lorraine bumped into at the Rugby Club charity disco, and they discovered then they lived in the same town, and getting to know each other better have found they have loads in common. L busy with stuff today, including going to the doctor, making salads from home grown beetroots, and dealing with an electrician. The electrician could do part of the job, and will come back later in the week. Clearing up ready for him, she found the jacket she should have mailed to Sian, who now will be the lucky recipient of one of Lorraine's jackets.

Still feeling a lethargic and tired, however after two days of not taking my new statin, and not greatly improving, I decided, having consulted the NHS website, to begin taking it again. I think I have coincidentally had a bug at the same time I began taking it. 

Benefited from a quick meditation at lunchtime, and Keith called it a day quite early. After being with Lorraine in the garden for a bit, as she harvested some of our beetroots, and I had a shower, returned for adelicious salad dinner, with salmon and new potatoes, and then, having been manacled to my desk I went for after dinner walk along by the sea. The fresh air was good, but I did not find myself much cheered up. However home to boof onto the gold sofa with Lorraine and watch an episode of The Orville, helped a good deal. An early night followed.

Below my lovely Lorraine and some of our beetroots standing by the raised beds from whence they came... They look and tasted mighty fine.  



 

Comments