Mental pennies, and old haunts

Up and writing my new story, Kansas, again. Then off to the gym at lunchtime for a brief workout. Listening for a bit to the book about Anxiety, which is based on CBT, and in thinking about it found several mental pennies falling into place. It was a weirdly exhilarating feeling.

Shortly after I got home from the gym, Lorraine collected Beth this afternoon and they drove off to Basingstoke to see Beth's granny Glenys who is in hospital having been a cause of concern the family. I have met Glenys a few times and have always been struck by what a quiet force for good she is. 

Hopped on a train, after a lengthy search outside for Brian, and finding him in our lounge,  and got off at London Road to meet Anton in The Signalman. After saying howdy to Anton, I sauntered inside to the bar and they had a help yourself jug of water there, which I drank and had a protracted bout of choking. 'That's what you get when you drink water,, said the young guy next to me. Had a good time basking in the garden with Anton, lapping up some lager and generally catching up and playing dominoes and trying not to let them fall through the gaps in the table. Heard about his recent trip to Bath, which he enjoyed immensely.

Then Anton and I went down to The Shahi to strap on an early nosebag. Funny to not recognise any of the staff any more. But the food was tasty as usual. The place was empty at first, but then the waiter put a table of four guys next to us, to populate the window.

Just missed my train at London Road, after saying farewell to Anton, and so was compelled to have a half in the Open House, especially as the nights are still weirdly cool, and I felt cold in Seaford nipping back from the Station in my tee-shirt. Lorraine home late, but safe.

Calliope sitting on me suddenly inserted a claw into my nipple and I throw her off me with such violence that Lorraine told me off. Felt like a murderer..

Comments