Sessions in the sun

The Tobster's birthday today. A few messages, he and Romy, and Gillian and Momoyo were chilling in Harlem, which was rather cool.

Another scorching day. A quick chat with Mum before she made off to the Waggon and Horses to meet  Robert. Breakfast, and I had a bit of a play on my guitar, which I've not done for ages. Lorraine pampering herself. Anton arrived, and we had a happy afternoon sitting in the garden under the sunshade playing games of bones. He also brought a more complex came to play with Lorraine with geisha girls on it... No idea. 

I was happily tending to my barbie, sipping a cold one every now and then, and did a beer can chicken, where you push a small beer can up into the chicken, so it cooks with a tasty succulence. I think you are supposed to cook it perched on top of the can, but mine fell over, still the can was wedged into it so all well. 

We invented the notion of PPH, pints per hour.  I kept to a low PPH as Lorraine and I were going out tonight. Really chilled afternoon, and Anton set off early to get the train back, but something went wrong and someone could smell smoke on board at Seaford, so he had to get a bus to Newhaven, and then a train from there to Lewes and then to Brighton. 

Lorraine and I, meanwhile, met Steve in the Duke of Wellington, for a quick pre-gig beer. We met an acquaintance of Steve's called Lindsey who zoomed into the Little theatre and got us a table by the stage with her and her boyfriend's sister Alison.  A fun night, with a husband and wife duo called The Black Feathers performing. They were countryish, and had toured the US many times, and were very influenced by Americana. Although not my favourite kind of music, they were excellent. The sell-out crowd were extraordinary, Lorraine and I felt young compared to most of them, and there was a certain amount of over-excitability about some of the women in the audience. I think hot days and Prosecco and gone to people's heads. 

Steve, Lorraine and I repaired to the Boot afterwards for an ABF, where there was a pretty agricultural sounding band playing. Fond farewell with Steve, then home with the eaters sky lighting up behind Seaford head with sheet lightning. 

Below Anton and Lorraine playing a game, and The Black Feathers. 







Comments