Irritation

Lorraine and I discussing colours this morning. Our chosen off white for the kitchen is coming out a bit mauve and nobody wants that. Irritable morning, disrupted by having to clear up for the brothers to continue their decorating, then having to go off for a blood test, where the medical assistant told me that he'd lived in Seaford as a child but hated it as a teenager as there was nothing to do. Greg and Dan did not return due to reasons and say the quote underestimated the amount of work, so we are adjusting our ask a bit. 

Straight to the gym from the surgery, where I did a fairly (for me) substantial workout which got the grrrrs out. I am pressing the refresh button on my own health, as I am too fat at the moment, and would, on balance, prefer to continue living for a bit longer. Listening as I mooched to a BBC series of podcasts called Marianna in Conspiracyland where the BBC's misinformation correspondent talks to lots of lunatics about their conspiracies and their dangerous beliefs.

Home, and tried to write a bit more, but my afternoon brain no match for the morning one.  Lorraine who had been to her personal trainer, who is increasingly working her hard, and to see Penny. I had a short but refreshing doze, and began again -- and read some poems by Richard Skinner. Then a big and varied salad with new potatoes, and Lorraine baked her fabulous sourdough bread.

Lorraine and I have discovered a new TV series called The Orville an unlikely hybrid of Star Trek and Family Guy, where the stories are genuinely interesting and laced with hilarity, something Star Trek rarely managed.



Comments