Colour and health

Up early and working on my poetry manuscript. I have had a good couple of days on this, which is very pleasing. Broke off for a cup of tea with Keith and caught up. He is very worried that everything seems so quiet on the work front. Lorraine had to zoom off to the opticians but was back in 25 minutes. 

Greg and Dan hard at work and the red dining room, and the blue and white of the kitchen vast improvements. Lorraine and I also chose colours for the hallway, two colours called Jasmine Blush and Autumn Embrace... which is a bold autumnal orange below the dado rail. Colour is not to be shied away from and Lorraine and I are feeling really happy with bold choices. I mooched off to the Brewers the paint shop and got some tester paints (or tasters as Lorraine keeps calling them) and we slapped these onto sheets of paper and held them up in the right places.

A bit of light gardening in the afternoon.

Soberingly, I heard from the excellent new doctor who recommended I go on low dose of statins. I agreed by text, and she immediately prescribed them. Not pleased about having another comorbidity, but on balance best I take this pill and reduce the risk of sudden death, and this new quack seems to be on my case in a good way. Despite going to the gym and so on, I am fatter than I should be. I see it in my own mind as part of me getting to grips with my health in general.

Went off to celebrate my imminent demise by meeting Innis for a crafty beer in the Earth and Stars this evening while Lorraine went out for her book group. Cheery evening chatting and putting the world to rights. A fairly early train home with top hat vertical and correct. 


Comments