Brand new wheels

Up to see Mum and Mas today. Caught the train at Seaford just before nine and had a fairly smooth journey train hopping till I reached Mill Hill. En route Mum texted me to say the pesky new car didn't start -- and there had been a confusing time having got the people round to fix it, who refused because it was the new car and the paperwork wasn't right. Anyway, luckily they arrived at The Jolly Badger in one piece in the car that Ben across the road had made work. 

Pleasant food and a nice young Spanish guy serving. It must be one of those days at the Jolly Badger when they have a half decent chef. I had a couple of pints of steadying Guinness and Mum had a cider. Both Mum and Mas were both okay, though a bit stressed by the morning, and wondering if the car would start again. It did, fortunately. The car itself looks rather sporty to me (given that I know nothing about cars) and is a hybrid, so when mum turned it on when I was there, it seemed to make little or no noise.

Fond farewells with Mum and Mas, then I sauntered back to Mill Hill Broadway station, and train hopped home again around 5:30. A quick cup of tea, and then Lorraine and I mooched off to  The Old Boot where Lorraine had reserved a table. She and I ate a brace of burgers there, and were joined by Steve and his pal Toots an old pal from his Berlin days, who was staying with him. Toots a likeable guy, and that rare thing... An enthusiastic smoker. Steve and Toots have a mutual friend who is had a brain operation today, so they were both in need of a beer. Home after a bit.

Below mum and Mas's new car, with them in it...

 






Comments