A Happy Monday

So a rather excellent Monday, lots of sunshine helping. Got up and started a new poem, but more importantly my head in a good place, and feeling much less agitated than of late. At midday, Lorraine went off to her gym, and I caught a bus to Brighton, the route following the sea. Maybe it was my mood, but it was all rather lovely. Got off the bus at the Old Stein and cheery to be strolling up through the North Laine to see Stacy, who cut my hair with his usual perfectionism. I have often noticed the little plastic figure of Speedy Gonzales on his shelf, but today it made me wonder if it is placed there to remind him to get a wiggle on. 

Back by train, as the timings worked well. I got off at Newhaven Town, however, where Lorraine was waiting for me, and we went into places like Homebase and Screwfix to buy a special drill head for M10 bolt screws which we will be building our raised beds with. When we were in Homebase I looked at their garden section and saw Beech, Hornbeam and Holly plants for hedges. Lorraine and I discussed adding those native species to the garden. I think it's important for native critters etc to have some native plants.

Home and into the garden, We had bought the wrong drill head for  the bolt screws. D'oh. Lorraine and I did a bit of repotting seedlings in the glasshouse, and a couple of other light jobs.  Nosing about the garden, thinking about beech and hornbeam. There are still a few corners I find I haven't yet properly looked at.

A super healthy meal tonight, and another episode of Happy Valley -- which was again stressful but horribly compelling.

Below a multitude of shoots.




Comments