Glassers at noon

Excellent news today about Jade, who has now a full time job at St Andrews, which is an enormous credit to her resilience and talent, and also means she and Sam now have more stability in their lives.

Otherwise lots on today with Keith on a job, and juggling the podcast. Also had an extended lunch break, Lorraine driving me off to Adele and Patrick's house where people were working in Adele's glass studio. Adele is going great guns with her work. Deana, Jane and Kate were there, all busy with glass designs. 

Nice to chat with them all, and eat some lemon cake and have a cup of coffee while looking at them making their designs. Kate was rapidly making a very nice duck with shards of glass as feathers, for example. I loved being there, and it felt great to just think about glass for a couple of hours. I spent it drawing designs for glass for the garden. Nice to chat to the ladies -- and they offered me lots of advice on glass in the garden. And Adele happened to have a book called The Stained Glass Garden, which she was kind enough to lend me. Patrick being an amiable host and bringing teas and so on, but was busy watching horse racing in his music studio as I left. 

Walked home, which I liked, before slipping on the desk manacles. After work more editing on the podcast, until I couldn't hear the wood for the trees. I then sent it to Robin.

In the evening, Lorraine and I filled out paperwork to do with the financial advice we are receiving. Tired of looking screens and so on by the time I went to bed. I will have to get up very early tomorrow morning to crack on with the freelance work. Feeling a bit overstretched today.



Comments