Processing

Confirmation today from Michael that Angie and Richard, the likeable couple in the house we want to buy, have accepted our offer on the Seaford property. Sent off solicitor details and so on. Finished doing my accounts and sent these off to my accountant David.  A lot has happened this week. 

Decided to go for a long walk this afternoon, as the weather was good for it. Good to process everything that has happened this week. Ended up doing 17 thousand paces during the day, which is the most I have done in a while, certainly since I had covid. Took my camera and took snaps in the woods and edges of town listening to an audiobook called Heaven, by Mieko Kawakami, which Toby recommended as he and Romy had both enjoyed it. It is about bullied teenagers, and is quite fascinating and strangely philosophical. Went on a roundabout walk ending up in Stanmer Woods and back home. Sat in the garden afterwards sipping a beer. 

Lorraine home and Sam went out and collected a Friday curry for us. Felt happy and tired tonight. Lorraine and I cheerily talking about the new house lots. I can't quite believe it -- though I am trying to restrain my glee in case some spanner is chucked in the works. It does happen of course. Touching wood as I type, however, everything looks as good as it could do at this stage.







Comments