A big day

So a big day. Accepted the offer made yesterday on our house, actually did this in person by dropping in on Brand Vaughn. Then I called Michael the estate agent in Seaford, and confirmed our offer on the house in Salisbury Road. Eek! Very exciting stuff. Chats with Lorraine when she was out of  meetings. Very happy about it.

Then I caught a train up to West Hampstead Thameslink station, and walked up to Hampstead to meet Toby and Mum. I was early so found myself in The Flask for half an hour. Sent a message to Carl from there, as it was one of our old haunts. 

Then met the Tobster and Mum in the cafe in Waterstones. Great to see Toby. A bit of a weird place as the people in the cafe sat working on it in silence, and seemed to resent us chatting -- or maybe I was imagining it. Eventually we mooched down the road and went into Côte where we had a good meal and a glass of wine. Mum said that Mason wanted to pay for it, which was very kind of him. Nice for us three to be together, the first time since Tobs flew in last November. 

Eventually Toby and I walked Mum back to Hampstead station, and mooched about in Hampstead for a while ending up having a drink in The Freemason's Arms, a pub I had not visited in the 21st century, but was once a familiar wateringhole dating back to my teens.  

Fond farewells with Toby, a pill sugared by the knowledge we will be on holiday this summer together. Mooched down hill towards West Hampstead Thameslink station through the beautiful streets of Hampstead. It really is another world of wealth there. 

Home quite late, and crept into bed beside a sleeping Lorraine. 

Forgot to take a snap of the family or anything else to mark this momentous day. I am always not taking the obvious. Instead I took a black and white shot of something on the platform. D'oh.




Comments