Thieves in the night

Up and getting myself ready to go to Edgware. Calliope subdued and not moving much.  I called Mum but she was on the line to the Police as her car had been stolen this morning. Later Mum told me that Ben across the road's security cameras caught a car arriving a little after 5am, one man got out removed a headlight, and stucking his arm into the car and somehow turning it on and driving off with it. Bastards stole it from their disabled parking spot, with Mason's disabled pass in it. 

To add to the general joy, on my way to Seaford Station Anton called telling me that his old schoolfriend Stav, who I'd met two or three times and had rather liked, had died. Anton obviously gutted about this, as they had been friends for decades.

I made my way up to Mill Hill broadway. Doing some freelance work on the train. While walking to Edgware I called Mum, and she said they wanted to go to go to the Jolly Badger for lunch. I was a few yards away from the place, but I was a bit doubtful of the wisdom of this. Mum and Mas both keen.

Mason sadly very unsteady when he arrived, and he told me he thought he would be doing better. We ate there, and Mum told me she had already contacted the police and the insurance people. After a while I took Mas to the loo, but he was unable to walk back. So we did it in stages. Mum called a taxi and Mas was able to get to it, with lots of help. As I was putting him into the front seat he fell like a stone, but luckily I caught him. We got him out with difficulty in Edgware, and eventually he was sat happily dozing by the fire. At least we confirmed that he is not well enough to leave home for the time being. After not too long, I left and managed to grab a bus to Mill Hill station. I headed home feeling that I had only added to the day's problems for Mum. 

At St Pancras I met Lorraine, who happily was passing through at the same time. A sight for sore eyes, my Mrs. Rattled off to Seaford together. Home and I was happy to see Calliope looking brighter and walking around fairly normally.


Comments