Midday movie

Up having been dehydrated overnight. Lorraine and I zoomed off and caught the train to Brighton in time to go to Komedia for before 12 where, sipping judicious teas and coffees, we met Innis and Rosie in Screen one. A gorgeous film, called Blind Willow Sleeping Woman, which was based on several stories by Murakami. Gorgeous animation. Found myself lapping up colours, a particular green tie worn by a downtrodden character fed my soul. Quite surreal moments and lots of enigmatic stuff -- but I loved it.

After we sloped off to The Eagle, now refurbished, and serving Thai food. We had lunch there, Lorraine and I had a vegetarian massaman curry with peanuts and chickpeas. Pretty tasty, and washed down with a  hair of the dog cold beer. Rosie and Innis on fine form. Innis has begun to enjoy printmaking, and some of his prints will be in one of the open houses, and he has been doing more coastguard work too, which he is enjoying. 

Home on the train which stopped at Falmer, by Brighton Amex Stadium. A 3-3 draw with Brentford -- so slightly exasperated fans boarding. Home and Lorraine and I more than happy just to lay low this evening. 



Comments