Sunday lunch

Got up not too early, and had breakfast of scrambled eggs Lorraine's sourdough loaf, which despite being a bit burnt on top was something close to spectacular, and tasted brilliant. We did a bit of stuff around the house. I hung some pictures, and Lorraine and I emptied boxes and brought a smidgeon more order to chaos. We cooked a Sunday roast and berry crumble as Beth and James were coming around for a roast lunch. Much merriment made of passing food through the hatch into the dining room. Had our first meal in our dining room, which was fun. James abstained but the ladies drank wine and I nursed a couple of cans of lager. 

Lorraine's former colleague from her last school Rebecca came around to get the tour. She liked it lots, and is pleased Lorraine is here as her Mum and Dad live in Seaford too. After chatting with Rebecca I joined Beth and James in the other room where James had downloaded a sports channel and was watching some muddy looking cycling in Belgium. Beth surprisingly knowledgeable about cycling.

Rebecca mooched off back to her Mum's place and Beth and James had to go home too as they were both working tomorrow. Lorraine and I, thank God, didn't have work but we still slipped off to bed early. I shunned the delights of Match of the Day as Chelsea were beaten and football can be such a dreary ennui-inducing game.

This morning's still life of two cats and and octopus, Lorraine's excellent sourdough -- look at those little bubbles -- and me gulping a miniature of Amaro del Capo, which Beth and James had given me a miniature of it to taste. They also gave me a lump of lovely Parmesan as a birthday present. The Amaro del Capo was delicious, like a heavenly and complex herbal cough mixture.  I have fallen out of the habit of taking photos lately. I need to start doing it again properly.





Comments