Jabbed and happy

A good night's sleep but still feeling a tad out of sorts with the sore throat and persistent tiredness that has been hanging about since before we moved in. Lorraine and I up and had breakfast, then conversations about the jobs that needed doing, hopped into the car and drove to Eastbourne to get our covid booster jabs -- a brace of fresh Pfizers. We were done quickly even though our bookings, made simultaneously online, were for half an hour apart. 

Beautiful drive there and back, and we stopped off at the Chalk Farm nursery where we looked at fruit tree saplings and other plants. The paths there a bit like being a pac man in that they were blocked here and there by blown over pots. Home and Lorraine and I did solid work in my study, dismantling the little desk we'd inherited, so I had space for mine. We discovered some superficial mould (barely any character at all) growing immediately behind it.  Lorraine used vinegar to clean it and cut some of the wall paper away. The study now smells a bit like a bag of chips.

Thunder again today, and the rain utterly torrential for a couple of minutes. 

My phone was supposed to be delivered this afternoon, and we made sure we were in, then I got a text saying 'sorry we missed you'. The dog heads had made no attempt to deliver it. Useless. Maybe tomorrow. 

We did more sorting of the spare bedroom and then came downstairs and then I did some work prepping for the podcast interview I am doing this Thursday, and we lounged about happily and watched DS9. No discernible after effects from having the jabs.

I snapped a selfie while we waited briefly for our jabs, and had to put on face masks.



Comments