A beer or two in Brighton

Lorraine off this morning to Brighton, where she picked up more thyroid mix for Calliope and then went off to Hove to have her hair cut by Paul, and then, from there zoom off to be with Betty for the afternoon, with Laura going too.

I meanwhile, did an edit on an interview Robin had done, finally completed editing my chat with Sarah Barnsley. I also spoke with Mimi Khalvati this morning who I was due to interview, but she has a recurring problem with losing her voice unpredictably, and was on a whispery morning so we decided to bump it. Nice to chat to her though, as I'd not spoken to her in about 25 years I think.

Late afternoon I made off to Brighton, this time on the train. Train pass wasn't working however, as I have updated my phone but the train app transferred sans data which is a bit galling. Reading a book on the train about poetry, which coincidentally included a couple of paragraphs on Mimi.

Went to my usual pharmacy, stocked up on my prescription -- now I have the pills I can transfer doctors to one in Seaford. 

Walked about a bit including down the Twitten, much the same. My old house now has an external light on all the time. Then I simply slipped into the Batty where I awaited Anton for our first night out in Brighton for some time. We ventured into the Evening Star where we stayed for a bit, despite my ah-hem, history there. Kept thinking of Glen while I was there, half expecting him to find him there -- but that will never happen again sadly.  

Briefly to the Distillers before queuing outside a busy Fatto a Mano pizzeria in the North Laine. Maria Grazia and a flautist pal Sue were in the queue behind us and we ended up sharing a table with them. M-G seeming in fine form, and Sue -- who I think I have met before -- very likeable too.  A challenging place to hear each other however particularly for Anton. 

After Anton and I snuck off to The Great Eastern for a final beer, before he headed uphill, and I caught the Seaford train to saunter back from Seaford station to find Lorraine waiting up for me.  

Anton and Maria-Grazia and Sue.


 


Comments