One happy Weasel

Up at dawn this morning, and a quick shower and then finishing the first edit of the podcast, which I then sent to Robin to review. Much to my delight we managed to get the podcast up on time today, with Robin doing a final edit. Then at 8:30 back with Keith slogging till an afternoon presentation and a later meeting. However, the work was done, and Pat released me gently back into the wild. Enjoyed working with Pat and Michel again but at the end of the day I was mightily relieved to be done, the job finished satisfactorily, the podcast up, and finally a bit of time just to be in Seaford in my new home.

Chatting with Mum after work. Ben was round helping them set up the new television they bought today in Borehamwood to replace the lightning-fried one. All rather dramatic but they are both okay, luckily. 

Rosie and Innis came around today. Sadly, as I was working, I was only able to spend a bit of time with them -- they were liking the new house lots, and brought me a late birthday present too... A bar of Tony's Chocolonely chocolate (delicious and gone in no time) and a slim volume called Weasels in the Attic, the title alone making me guffaw. Otherwise great to see them... Both looking cheery, Rosie in colourful new dungarees and Innis with strong beard, that he is nevertheless worried makes him look like an American  Trump supporter.

After work, I hung out cheerily with Lorraine as she was cooking an absolutely delicious butternut squash soup. I found myself a bit antsy after dinner, and went for a walk in the dark along the seafront to Seaford Head. The pebbles on the beach sculpted somewhat after the heavy seas earlier this week. Just as I got there enormous spots of rain started falling, soon turning into heavy rain which stopped quite quickly. I saw a flash or two out to sea and heard some thunder rolling around as I walked home, heroically not going into one of the pubs I passed, and simply returned home to the gold sofa to drink a can of beer. Falling asleep by 10pm though, which I have been doing lately. Lorraine and I sloped off cheerfully to bed -- very happy that tomorrow is a Peter Kenny day.



Comments