Bean Jar day

Got up earlyish this morning, to work on some writing, or at least think about writing -- and did some editing during the day on the podcast. More wild wind and rain.

Later L and I scuttled into town and popped into Seaford's branch of supersavers to replace the pair I lost in Greece. Served by a young automaton. Also Lorraine and I took pair of duvets into the dry cleaner. Lorraine charming the man behind there with talk about maths, and how he couldn't be so bad at it because he has his own business.

The smell of bean-based goodness permeating the house. Not without incident, as the haricot and butter beans I had soaked overnight and boiled were too old.  I replaced them with tinned beans of the same persuasion, and it worked a treat. Posted the pictures on Facebook. Jenny Kendall Tobias calling me out for off piste ingredients such as garlic, a touch of celery, a bit of cumin and turmeric. 

More progress on the house today. Including drilling holes in walls again, which went remarkably well and we have now a coat rack attached to the wall... And it looks like staying.

Delicious bean jar tonight, Lorraine loved it. All well.




Comments