Packs of hounds and ear splitting-sneezes

Monday and Lorraine suffering from a dreadful cold, and doing her customised ear-splitting sneezes. I took care of her as best I could. She is absolutely too ill to work. 

I don't have any symptoms but am feeling lethargic. Had time to do stuff today, such as chasing an agency for payment, billing the guys we worked with last week, and receiving a few hours of work form the French agency, which I did this afternoon. I also added to a new strange story, tentatively called The Bottle Garden, which is still in its early stages, and fiddled in an inconsequential way with a couple of poems.

Shortly before sundown I went for a quick walk. Dogs everywhere as darkness fell. Most dogs wearing collars with coloured LED lights. One baying like the Hound of the Baskervilles into the night near the hillfort. One stealthy cur jumping up out of the dark at me as I walked down Hollingbury Park. 

Cooked and then Lorraine, suffering on the sofa, but soldiering on with Star Dew Valley (she is feeling vindicated by an article in the Guardian saying it was the perfect game to play when you are recovering from burnout.) Early to bed.

Comments