Finished Creatures

Finally able to focus on my writing this morning. Then off to Lewes to meet up with Robin, Charlotte, Stephen, SJB and Lou, and Antony Mair among others for the Finished Creatures reading, held at the Depot in Lewes. I got to meet Jan Heritage for the first time, and was chatting with a nice poet from Ealing called Oliver Comins. Lots of good poems read from the new issue. When it came to it I forgot even to say my name, nor plug Planet Poetry and read one by Tess Jolly, whose work I like lots, and then my Mezquita de Cordoba. Sarah and Lou making me laugh both being in the same issue and writing about the same subject, without knowing the other had done so. 

Interestingly, Jan saying she had broken her own rule in publishing my poem, as she doesn't like printing the word God with a capital letter. 

It was a gorgeous day, and it was great fun to do some poetry, and then sit in the sun chatting with poet pals afterwards. Felt like a holiday suddenly, and Friday afternoons how God intended. Home at seven, and chatting to Lorraine and watching a few Frasiers. Was falling asleep on the sofa.

Sarah's shot of l to r Charlotte, Robin, me, Oliver Comins, Jan's friendly pal Nicki, and Lou with her back to the camera all enjoying the Sunshine. 



Comments