The eyes have it

A dreadful night's sleep, mainly caused by a headache arising from a nerve pain in my back, triggered by carrying things at a particular angle. I must try to get this fixed. Woke up late this morning at a little before eight, to discover lovely Lorraine had crept in before leaving for work with a nice cuppa, which was still drinkable. Win!

A bit bleary headed, made lists of things I did not particularly want to do, and felt I have a bit of a plan. A chat with Anton, another helping A short walk this afternoon. Extremely windy.

Beth cheerily buzzing about in her little red car sorting everything out. Something happened to her phone today, and the screen is doomed.

I am reading  The 'Uncanny', a 1919 essay by Freud. He is easy to disagree with, and I do disagree with some of his conclusions, but fascinating nevertheless. He attributes fear about losing your eyes, for example, to a symbolic fear of castration. I don't know about other chaps, but if there was a choice between losing eyes or testicles, I'd probably keep the eyes.

Comments