Everyday life

This morning's hypochondria included googling shin splints first thing, as a sharp shin twinge woke me up.  Lorraine has a magical cream that smells of herbs and menthol and stuff, which I rubbed on as soon as I got up, and have felt nothing since. I did a long walk on Saturday wearing just Vans plimsols, and in retrospect this was a poor idea.

Otherwise tweaking the new short story, swapped ideas with Robin about podcasts,  did work for mes amis in Paris on parasites -- and did other bits and pieces.

Beth better, and teaching this afternoon via zoom. She is so full of energy and enthusiasm with those kids, it's quite amazing.

The anthology Poetry South East 2020 arrived today.The last one was Poetry South East 2010. It is edited by Jeremy Page, and he did a lovely job.  The poems pass the baton one to another without a stumble all the way through.  There is one poem per poet, and it is a bit of who's who of poets from this neck of the woods. Happy to be in it alongside pals Robin, Charlotte, Sarah, Stephen Bone, Antony Mair and many more.

Chatting to Toby lad late this afternoon. All good there.

Lorraine home, and Beth cooked amazingly nice chicken in olive bread baps, I harvested leaf salad from our troughs to go with it. Lovely stuff.

Lorraine heard late in the evening that one of kids has a temperature, and will be kept off school. Kids get temperatures all the time, of course, but this needs careful managing for obvious reasons.  After three months we are still waiting for coherence on what to do about schools from our pathetic government. Meanwhile it falls to people like Lorraine to make the difficult calls, and expose themselves to risk.

I never do this kind of thing, but my pal Nev tagged me on facebook to take a black and white shot of my everyday life to put on facebook. I like black and white so I decided to do it. Why not?

Here is a shot of my desk.


Comments