Back to school

A poor night's sleep. Lorraine sleepless and the alarm went off at six, getting back into the old routine  at school, with year 6 now attending, as well as the children of key workers. It went well apparently, but Lorraine was tired when she got home, showering and putting all her school clothes to be washed at 60C.

I am very proud of my wife, it has been a gruelling time with lots of responsibilities, and she has done very well.

I spoke to Pat today for almost an hour. He was telling me about his brush with COVID-19 and being in hospital for a week. Luckily he didn't have to be intubated, but he was on the maximum dose of 10L of oxygen for a while. This was March, and he is still recovering slowly now. It was a bit of a brush with death, and he told me he had a conversation with one of the doctors who told him he was not out of the woods. Pat said, 'are we talking Wimbledon Common or the Amazon?' It was an ordeal, but he is resilient and now very pleased to be steadily recovering. An x-ray of his lungs was good last week. Once you are kicked out of hospital, you are pretty much left to fend for yourself.

I wrote to Val to find out how she and mes amis in Paris are doing, and billed my pals in Chiswick. Had a few ideas about this and that. Had supper outside tonight with Lorraine, and nursed a can of lager as the scorching sun lowered. We have gone from the wettest winter on record to the sunniest spring.

Recording another of my Little Horrors at the moment. Did some work after dark, but it wasn't quite right.


Comments