The Secret Garden

A steady day of work, finishing off an essay I am writing about waiting rooms as part of the top secret waiting room project. Lorraine went off to have her hair cut and saw Beth.

Texting Carl today, who is still in hospital and somewhat glum.

In the afternoon when I was getting square eyes, and feeling tired, I went for a long walk up to Stanmer Park woods. Enjoyed seeing the earth which had cracked between all the trees in the wood during the heatwave, now back to normal and everything green again. Home at six after walking for a couple of hours, to Lorraine. An idyllic day in some ways, writing and walking and having Lorraine at home.

Enjoying these last days of having Lorraine at home. Watched the second episode of the new BBC series Bodyguard, which is tense and watchable.

Lorraine reading me The Secret Garden in bed. It is one of those childhood books I love. The descriptions of earth, and spring bulbs and so on are bringing back sense memories. Reading it again after so many years is great fun, and it is a better book than I remember it.

Hearing Lorraine attempt the Yorkshire accents is good value too.

Below the same cover as my copy of The Secret Garden.


Comments