Crossing fingers

Breakfast with Pat and Maureen, who have colds. The heatwave continues, and maybe it was this that was making me feel a bit drained too. 

This afternoon Lorraine drove me off to Seafield Close to meet Beth and James, and James's brother Lorenzo to have another look around the house they've had their offer accepted on. Joe, their estate agent, Lorraine and I had met last year. A nice young guy who looked to me like a First World War poet.

The house is compact and characterful and opens out into an excellent conservatory, leading to the most fabulous garden. This is also a cabin in it which can be used as an office. They're all kinds of zones: a patio, lawn, and a wilder bit with trees. There is also a koi pond with half a dozen hefty fish in there.  Keeping my fingers crossed now that their offer has been accepted. 

We all returned home, to lurk in the garden with Pat and Maureen and have a bit of family time. Then they zoomed off, as they were about to join in a surprise birthday party for Julie, James and Lorenzo's mum.

Feeling a bit worn out this afternoon, and crept off for a bit of a snooze. When I woke up I discovered that Lorraine was recovering from having fallen over in the back garden, a few bruises and a bag of ice on a pulled muscle that made her limp painfully. I roused myself from my torpor and watered everything outside, and prepared some food.  Maureen to bed early, and Pat, Lorraine and I watched the first half of Everything, everywhere, all at once. which was exhausting, but fun. Michelle Yeoh is fab. 

Below. Sunlight in these new growth cactus fingers a bit like stained glass.




Comments