Anton's birthday

Lorraine unwell this morning, feeling drained and achey.  I was okay, although a bit lifeless. Did some shopping this morning, and making sure Lorraine was okay. Called Anton to make sure he was okay for me to come, and he said he was feeling a bit rough too, so not to worry. 

So in the afternoon, I made off to Anton's house and with Anne, we taxied to The Connaught in Hove. Oskar and his girlfriend Niamh, who I liked a lot, and found an intelligent, thoughtful girl, studying design. Oskar has changed again. His hair is darker, and his voice deeper. Klaudia arrived slightly later with Anna. Klaudia fresh from all kinds of travels this summer. Thailand her favourite it seems. Nice to catch up with Anna too. I tried my best to eat reasonably to my new principals, and enjoyed a Caesar Salad. Then back to Anton's for presents and cake, and some sparkling wine. Lorraine and I had got him a print of the Seven Sisters, which he has been on lots in preparation for his Camino walks. I had a great day, and am feeling like I am getting to know my godbairns all over again now they are all grown up. Anton had a cheery afternoon, which is the main thing.

Sloped off home, but the trains had finished to prepare for tomorrow's strike. Had to wait some time for the bus to Seaford. Lorraine still downstairs, nested on the sofa when I got back.

Below Oskar, Klaudia and Anton on his birthday.




 

Comments