Poets and pals and poet pals

Another fine frosty morning. I mooched off to buy some bread first thing, then a bit of light tidying before before Penny and Steve called around, looked at the house sans boxes, and had coffee. As we left for town, we spoke to David next door. His front garden is now a cheery tableaux of assorted reindeers, a snowman a polar bear and Christmas trees and lots of other lights. 

After a short walk by the sea, we went into Amy's kitchen. Penny specified she didn't want it spicy, and I said I liked spices. Penny's was red hot with chilli and mine was as mild mannered. Nevertheless really tasty. Penny refusing to make a fuss about the her meal. 

After fond farewells, Lorraine and I made our way to the Crypt where we met up with Steve and Robin and Nick for the open mic poetry reading, with a guest poet called Louise Taylor who Robin knew who is a performance poet who delivered poems about food, especially cake, and the uselessness of men. The Seahaven open mic poets were often interesting and it was great fun to be down in the crypt. Robin and both read a couple of poems each. I enjoyed reading poems again -- I read Eat this Poem and the one I started recently in the Wellington pub called Ye Olde Majority Inn, and they went down well which made me feel cheery. Some really nice folks there, and I was generally very pleased I went.

From there to the Boot for a beer with Robin and Nick and Steve. Pemma was sitting on a nearby table, but was deep in conversation. Really fun to be hanging out for a bit, Lorraine, Steve and I enjoying pints of Harvey's Old Ale. Steve slipped away after one, and we stayed with Robin and Nick stayed for one more. Just nice to be hanging out with them -- after all the lockdown business and so on.

As we were leaving the pub, England were already a goal down against France. I couldn't face an evening watching England lose, a decision vindicated by not having to watch England lose. Lorraine and I relaxing on the gold sofa instead watching Star Trek before a fairly early night.




Comments