A smidgeon of magic

Appropriately nippy weather at last. In the morning we readied ourselves to experience Seaford Christmas Magic. Lorraine drove Maureen, Pat and myself the minute or so's ride into town, and dropped us off and drove back home. I walked along Broad Street with Pat and Maureen, quite fun, with cold looking people at stalls, and a man with a guitar and a woman singer in a cute Christmas get up, a stand with Sussex pulled pork, and others with mulled wine and cake and so on. Maureen got to the end of the street and said, 'is this it?' -- not having discerned any magic. And then said she wanted to go home. I called Lorraine who had just left home again, and we wandered back down the street. Meanwhile Lorraine had found a parking spot. Lorraine poked her mum and dad into a cafe, and we sauntered about a bit, and bought some cake, and houseplants and an octopus candlestick which Pat and Maureen had craved, having seen ours.  

Then then went into Gallery Uno, where I stood about outside for some time looking at the people diving into the Old Boot Inn with increasing envy. Maureen bought a nice bag in there among other things. Lorraine then drove home, and Lorraine and I set about sorting the endless things that must be sorted, including potting new houseplants. I took everything out of my chest of drawers, and consulted Mari Condo, and folded all my teeshirts neatly, and told Lorraine at length about how this was the new me, so she helped me organise all my clothes. Amazing how much more space you have when you actually put things tidily in the right place. Lorraine taking my lengthy explanations about the discovery I had made to do with folding my teeshirts fairly philosophically.

Lorraine cooking an oxtail stew with pearl barley and assorted vegetables -- from the Seaford butcher.  Blinking marvellous. The stew's gravy was absolutely delicious, and the veggies tasted great in it. 

Watched a bit of the World Cup this evening, with Australia and Argentina playing. Unsurprisingly Argentina won. Followed this with an episode of Deep Space 9 which Pat seems to quite enjoy. Maureen knitting a scarecrow with straw hands and feet.

And so to bed.

A snap through the window of Cafe Uno, with a stained glass piece by Adele in the window, and Pat (and a bit of Lorraine with a grey hat) inside.




 


Comments