Sealife

A normal Thursday, Lorraine zooming off to collect the baby boy. He was saying 'yeah' this morning to questions, along with his perennial favourite ca! said with a pointed finger, often when pointing at cars. 

I went to life drawing this morning, and enjoyed it apart from the moment about half an hour in when I felt suddenly like I was going to throw up. I went outside for some air. This passed and apart from feeling a bit rattled, I continued. Lovely model called Carys. I always feel sad I can't draw better when she poses.

Then I was picked up by Lorraine, with Enzo in the back, and we drove off to Brighton, where we went to the Sealife Centre which was great fun. Enzo liked seeing the fish and so on, although flinched once when we were in the tunnel underneath the big tank when a shark swam over us. While there we bumped into Jane and Ollie, who are Beth's bestie Laura's mum and dad. They were with little Layla and we sat by the big tank watching the turtles be fed together. I had a long chat with Ollie who told me about his diagnosis of a rare strain of dementia, where words began to disappear. He has always been great with his hands, having worked for himself as. a builder, and has joined Men's Sheds, a community organisation where he creates boxes and so on from reclaimed wood, it gives him a group of men he socialises with and works with. Had a really nice chat with him. Layla too, who has now just turned three, and had new shoes with lights in their heels which she loved. She was very sweet with Enzo too.

We did some shopping in the Newhaven Sainsburys on the way home. Enzo quite enjoys being trundled about in the trolley. Then straight to Squirrel's End to drop him off to Beth.

Home and I finished varnishing the window cills. Just as I was doing this, Maureen phoned telling Lorraine she felt horrid and wanted to go to bed, and Lorraine went around to sit with Patrick till the carers put him to bed at eight.

I went for a walk along the sea, then did some speculative work on zines and opened a flood gate of half ideas that might suddenly become zines. 

Lorraine and I watched Traitors. 

Below, Lorraine and Enzo waving at big fish at the Sealife Centre, fish shots, and a sketch from this morning, and this evening's sky over the sea.
















Comments