Idling by the sea with Mum
After breakfast, Lorraine dropped Mum and I off at the seafront, while she did a supermarket shop. Mum and I went as far as the Martello, and sat on a bench looking at the boats and the crows and seagulls on the shore. It's good to stop and stare, and this was a lovely few minutes. I took the photo below of a crow leaping from a pole.
Lorraine picked us up there, once home and unpacked, we simply sat in the garden and had cups of tea. Steve came around, and told us about his trip to Erfurt in Germany with Dutch Mike, and about trips to the home of Bauhaus and other art. trips to nearby towns full of art and interesting things. He brought with him a jar of wild plum jam, and we sent him home with a bag of fresh tomatoes. Mum liked him and found him interesting.
After Steve went, and we'd eaten lunch of smoked salmon sandwiches, Toby called on Mum's iPad. He's busy at school, but he's off to California next weekend to see his nice pal Alex, who I've always thought very fondly of despite not having seen him since I visited Tobs in California over thirty years ago.
A quiet evening, watching some TV and mum enjoying some wine.
Below I went to take a picture of the crow sitting on top of an information post, but it took flight at that very second, lining up quite nicely with the sun behind low misty cloud.

Comments