Communing with the sea

Busy, despite feeling lethargic, but doing some stuff with zines, laundry and other tidying bits this morning. Heard from Anton, and Klaudia and Oskar have visited Anne in hospital. 

Patrick unwell, with a chest infection. Lorraine sorting out a call with the doctor, and getting him antibiotics prescribed. 

In the afternoon Lorraine and I drove off to Eastbourne, to a shop called the Aquarium and Reptile Centre, where Lorraine and I bought some plants for Maureen's aquarium. Lots of reptiles there, and some interesting tropical fish downstairs. The sound of chirruping crickets too, as there were boxes of them to take home to feed your reptiles with. I bought plants, and both Lorraine and I talked to the shy teenage boy who sat on a chair with a snake on his arm, like a large bracelet. I asked him if I could take his photo and he agreed.

Lorraine went off to do her pottery course and I caught a 12 bus to Seaford, then collected Patrick's prescription and went around to Stratheden to give Maureen the tablets, and put the plants and the wood I'd bought the other day into the tank. Chatted to Pat, tucked up in bed, and none to well.

I walked home by the sea, as the sun set. Very beautiful. Then back in the other direction. Lots of anglers, all men, down by the sea at low tide, suddenly thought how they all looked as if they each were on a furtive rendezvous with the sea.

Home to eat some spaghetti and a quick sauce. Having eaten this, I had a call from Maureen saying there was a flood in her airing cupboard and sounding very stressed. I called Lorraine, who was still at pottery, and went around again. Lots of sheets and towels and so on soaked. But as next to nothing was coming out, Maureen sent me home again. 

Settled down at nine, and Lorraine on her way home. All well.

Below a boy with a snake bracelet. The sea and sunset and anglers.








Comments