Derailed

So woke up to the beginning of spangly migraine. Fell back asleep for half an hour then after the light show was over, got up, rushed off to catch the train to see Mum and Mas. 

As I was sipping a cup of tea from the flask, I realised I had left my phone at home. Asked to produce railcard almost immediately. On my phone, but I talked my way out of it despite looking at the sign that said  No Railcard? No Excuse. And mentioning a fine of up to £1000. By the time I reached Lewes, I was feeling a bit shaky and the light was hurting my eyes. As I climbed the stairs from the platform I decided to cut my losses - and turn around and postpone my trip till later in the week.  

Back home, Lorraine getting ready to set off for Pat and Maureen. I phoned Mum and I sat about feeling wussy and listened to an audiobook by Kenzaburo Oe called A Personal Matter. Somewhat frustrating: I wanted to do lots of reading today but my eyes hurt.  

Meanwhile Lorraine called me to say she was going to bring Maureen and Pat back, as Maureen was needing a break. Everyone back at tea time, and soon Pat and Maureen were settled on the gold sofa watching Heartbeat.




Comments