Horrible tonsils

Completed the first edit of the interview I did with Pete yesterday. One of the easier editing sessions as he was a fluent interviewee.

Meanwhile the freelance work slipping out of control. A brief I was expecting on Monday, still has not arrived, and the presentation Keith and I were to give on Tuesday for another client has been biffed indefinitely. In the evening Keith called me to say he had been offered some work and could I do it... But as it falls across our house move I had to biff it. 

At least it gave Lorraine and I some more time for a bit of packing, and I shuffled about in my office separating sheep from goats in terms of the books I will need over the next few weeks, and other essential stuff, before the ultimate Big Pack. 

Anton called and told me that Baby Klauds arrived at her new uni in Birmingham, went out on the first night, and her throat grew agonising. She went to the campus doctor, and was immediately sent to hospital as she had quinsy. Anton expressing a very dim view of the help Klaudia had from her Brighton GP, who happens to live two doors away from me. I texted Klaudia to say I had gone out to stare angrily at his house, and I hoped this helped. And she said she was very glad I did. I felt for her with everyone else embarking on their Fresher's week, What a start to her Uni career...

Beth at working from our house this afternoon, chatting to colleagues on the phone and typing like a tap-dancing centipede. 

I took hard drives out of my ancient laptop and PC tower, rather impressing myself. I went to the gym, despite feeling unusually creaky. Perhaps I have reached the age where the seasons start talking to your bones. 

A curry tonight from Red Chillies, requested by Betty. I mooched off to collected, although the idea of going to the Park View and completing a crossword first did occur to me as it was Sam's approved method of curry collection. 

Lorraine, Beth and I played cards for a bit. I came last. 




Comments