Contracts exchanged

The big news of the day was that we were phoned by Kate our solicitor at around lunchtime, who said all the contracts were now swapped. A huge relief! Very happy about this, and assorted texts and calls from estate agents and so on happened. Thank God. Brilliant news, which we shared with everyone.

My back however is in a dreadful state, and I am in a lot of pain and can't really walk or bend much. In the morning I went down to my desk for eight to have a meeting, and did a bit of work. And Lorraine went off to see Penny for coffee at Bolney Wine Estates, as befits a retired lady. Lorraine got back in time to deal with a man who was buying one of our beds too, that she had organised.  

Then our great news. Sadly the back, not to mention a bit of a hangover, prevented us from partying like mad fools. But we celebrated by looking at the house again online. I had tried not to look at it much, as I didn't want to build my hopes up. Lorraine didn't abide by this of course. But we looked at it together knowing that next month we will be moving in. Amazing. It still doesn't feel real. By the end of the day the house details were no longer on line. No longer subject to contract. Yippee!


Comments