Toad in the hole

Feeling very cheery this morning, and reminded of my childhood Sunday mornings in Guernsey, as Lorraine and I dropped in on Pat and Maureen as they were getting their dinner ready. Like going off with my granddad Dave on his rounds of dropping in on family. P and M in good form, Maureen forthright about needing a new chair and pulling appalling faces when telling Lorraine and I how much she hated the current one. She also told me about going to Bingo the other day, and how she and Pat had won their first game first go. I told Pat I'd seen a seal up at splash point earlier in the year. He said he'd seen two through his binoculars yesterday. 

A saunter back along the seafront with Lorraine, which was looking grey and lovely.  A bite to eat, and I prepared for the interview I am going to do on Tuesday, which took quite a bit of time. Also chatted to Mum and arranged to see her on Wednesday. A glorious evening of not drinking anything, after two lively nights I was very ready for a steady evening in. Lorraine cooked up a storm. I had been fancying sausages lately, and she made us a toad in the hole with onion gravy and roast potatoes and veg. All rather splendid. A quiet evening and an early night.





Comments