Fresh start

A productive day. Feeling as if it were the first day of the rest of my life. Up with Lorraine, who after breakfast went off to Caroline's and did lots of exercise. I went to my desk and got busy, sent off an invoice, paid my tax, recorded with Robin, and had a good conversation about the pod, the year and so on. I also chased up a book that had been supposed to have been sent me for next week's interview and received a PDF by return. Began editing what I had recorded with Robin this morning.

Lorraine in the garden playing with streamers after she returned despite it being very cold,

After lunch with Lorraine: incredibly healthy stuff of course... Rocket leaves grown in our garden, avocado, some feta, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, alfalfa shoots and a very thin slice of seedy sourdough loaf. 

I went for a walk for an hour and a half, crisp cold day but barely a cloud in the sky, so beautiful and mood enhancing too. On my return, we did a bit of prep on the large bathroom, before painting the parts of it that aren't tiled.  

In the evening looking again at Richard II  the play and reread Self-Portrait as Othello by Jason Allen-Paisant, which I had speed read a few months ago. It won the T.S.Eliot award this year. Interesting stuff and I liked it more the second time around. Also watching endless episodes of the cartoon, Family Guy. A bit hit and miss, but the one thing guaranteed to make me laugh. 

Below a snap of some fields around Bishopstone, in glowing black and white. 


Comments