Peering into the new year

New Year's Day a damp and windy affair, but last night's general japery had done me good. Although alarming news first thing of an earthquake and expected tsunami in Japan, where Toby and Romy are.  Luckily the trouble was on the west coast, and they are on the east, so that at least was good.

I start the year with no resolutions, and no grand plans. I don't feel I need to give myself that pressure.

Lorraine drove us back to Brian and Yvonne's where I sheepishly collected my phone I'd abandoned bufoonishly the night before. We then went to the supermarket and bought a chicken, and hunkered down, ending the day with a rather delicious roast. Last night did me a great deal of good. 

Chatted with Anton and mum.  Anton starting a miserablist dry January in an effort to kick start some weight loss. The night he is going to have a beer, following Stav's funeral, is the night I am giving my poetry reading in Lewes. Mum in fairly good spirits.

Below our Jack in the Green looking with mixed feelings at the new year in our garden.



Comments