Befouled

Lorraine off to Rhyme Time in the library, a more manageable group size this time, and she had a friendly conversation with one of the babies' grandmothers, an ex-nurse she had lots in common with. 

I did some writing of my own, really delighted to focus on my own work. I also felt a mite perkier than the last few days. When Lorraine returned from nursery rhymes with babies, we went for coffee with Joy and Jim next door. Just as we stepped onto the pavement, however, a bird voided its bowels with an audible splat on my head. Seconds after, with the guano still enriching my scalp, Anton called and enjoyed my predicament. 

To Joy and Jim's with an unbefouled, or should that be unbefowled, head. We both like our neighbours. Astonished to learn that Joy will be 80 this year. She looks ten years younger. We also discussed the bit of fencing we need to replace. Good fences makes good neighbours.

A few bits of house bits this afternoon, and I scribbled down an idea I had in Joy and Jim's conservatory. I went for a short walk too, along the shoreline before popping into Morrisons and buying a chicken which we roasted tonight.

Texts from Toby about a new property, a glamorous pied-à-terre they have their eye on in Washington as Romy is working in the US now. I spoke to Mum and will be going to see her on Friday.

Lorraine and I watched The Traitors tonight. 



Comments