Finicky fun

A bit of business admin. Lorraine off to London to enjoy meeting Sam at the Royal Festival Hall. Sam staying with his dad for a few days. 

A message to Carl whose birthday it was. 

I did some of my own writing this morning, and had some productive thoughts. Made off this afternoon, to Brighton where I met Anton in the garden of the Batty for a few cheery beers and a couple of games of Bones and a good deal of talking. Followed by more of both in The French Horn, where we had a raclette, and did finicky heating of cheese and bits of meat on little plug in raclette grills which ticks lots of boxes for a finickmeister like Anton. 

A cheery afternoon and early evening. Rolled down the hill for an absolute final in the Batty before I zoomed home. But only to find the train stopped at Newhaven, and I had to catch a bus from there to get home.

Surprised to find a poem I wrote in the 80s quoted by the Priaulx Library on facebook -- also featuring Richard of course. One must take these small wins.







  

Comments