An interlude in Mill Hill

Off to the Jolly Badger this morning walking to Seaford station under blue skies. Trained up to Mill Hill very easily. Took my MacBook Air and actually did some good work in between train hopping. I am working on a loose idea, and am just splurging words down at the moment in messily uncritical kind of way. A bit early reaching Mill Hill, so I mooched down a few side streets to see what there was to see. Most of the side streets are cul-de-sac and dead ends, and the houses are big and wealthy seeming.  

To the Jolly Badger, where I bought a pint of Guinness and waited till  Mum and Mas arrived. Mas had his Covid jab yesterday, and he seemed a bit unsteady, and was quite sleepy. Mum okay, and had a pint of cider. The food was okay, and the waiter cheery, and had lived in Brighton before swapping it all for Edgware. Mason asked to be let out the fire escape door, as this was closer to the zoomy new white car. I promised to go up again soon.

I made my way back, a bit of a slow journey. 

The sign inside the Harvester for the badger. The badger I think needs to look slightly more jovial. 




Comments