A relief

Up early, phoned doctor and then tried some writing. Then walked to the stained glass class. Soldering and cutting bits of moss green glass, and wide heart lead. I am feeling increasingly relaxed in this class. But I had to leave early to go to the quacks.

A new and slightly scary Greek doctor, with opinions. Various tests and was given pills but not antibiotics which are not needed in my case. Overuse of antibiotics is something for which I have invented campaigns f so I understood why.  Home and drank lots of water, and miraculously found I could pee normally again. A relief. Still coughing too.

Sonia told me about her latest holiday, in Switzerland for a bit, then at two o'clock, I settled at my desk, only to be phoned by the people in Paddington wanted me to work all afternoon. An offer I declined, which was annoying and a bit worrying that I had reneged on something. A not terribly productive afternoon after this. In the end I gave up and watched Precinct 99.

Lorraine home in her new Qashqai. It being late and rainy, we didn't go for a drive in but, but nevertheless sat in it for a while, and phoned Betty and heard her voice inside the car.

Then we nipped around the corner in the rain to pick up some food from Red Chilli and have a single beer in the Park View. Only drink of the week. It was a thing of glory. Then home and ate happily on the sofa. All's well that ends well.

Comments