Moscow and Berlin

Liking the feeling that Thursday is the new Friday. Off to work in tired but happy mode, playing with poems on my laptop. The day okay, went for a mooch around at lunchtime and went to Moscow Road, where I used to go to the Moscow Arms back in the 80s, and now called the Phoenix. It was popular with all kinds of folks, including Aussies and Kiwis. I have a memory of going in there with friends I'd made when I worked at Casio Warehouse. One of the guys was a bearded Australian teacher on a gap year, who on entering the pub, which was rammed, simply had a pee against the fruit machine in the middle of the pub. I'd never seen anything like it.  Nobody seemed to notice either.

Home and straight into The Evening Star, where I met Glen, over from Greece, and Richard and Steve, and a few other pals. A cheery evening, and my first drink in a pub for a few weeks, and fine real ales they were too. Good to see Glen and hear about Greek life. Also had a long and fascinating chat with Steve about his experiences working in the US embassy in East Berlin at the beginning of the eighties.

Home, dead beat and sore throated, but having enjoyed a drink in pub. The site of the Moscow, now the Phoenix. Altogethery in the pub, and a bromance pic of Richard and Glen.



Comments