Three feet of flowers

I got up at sevenish,  made coffee and tinkered with a poem before starting the day. Made breakfast for me and mum. Mum went off to Edgware to talk to banks about removing Mas from their joint bank accounts. I went off to Burnt Oak, paid an apologetic Paula at the Undertakers the balance of what was owed, and walked around the corner to Aspens florist and ordered a casket spray from a very nice woman, who explained that the flowers for the top of the coffin are charged for by the foot. I ordered three foot of flowers, mainly white but with notes of yellow and blue. 

Home again. Mum had only been partially successful. Lloyds had given her a leaflet, and Barclays was so busy she had to leave to get home to meet Emma our celebrant who was due at noon.  I liked Emma and we spoke to her for about 45 minutes. I decided I am going to give a speech at the funeral. 

After she left, I made cheese on toast, and emailed Barnet  highways to say  Mason no longer needs disabled bay outside.  Mum then went back to one of the banks, where she managed to get Mas off one of her old accounts. I wanted to clean some of the carpet, but despite filling it, had to wait till Mum got home to show me the on button. Buffoon.

Mum speaking on the phone to a few callers. I had to reject some work from mes amis in Paris, which I felt bad about. 

I cooked this evening, and we had some wine and watched MASH and then turned it off and sat by the fire. Both really tired today. At least for the second day running I have walked my 10k paces. 

Comments